4-H Saskatchewan is hiring!
4-H Saskatchewan is seeking an outgoing student to join the Provincial 4-H Office staff team for the summer.
Summer Student – 4-H Summer Programming Specialist
- The 4-H Summer Programming Specialist will focus planning, facilitation and hosting of provincial 4-H programs for youth taking place throughout the summer and fall; and development of resources for 4-H programming.
- The ideal candidate is proficient with the Microsoft Office suite and able to work independently.
- First Aid Training and CPR-C training is an asset.
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
- 4-H knowledge or experience is preferred. Previous experience in a summer camp environment is an asset.
- Enrollment in an agriculture or education based program is an asset.
- Candidates must be between 15 - 30 years old, and have been registered as a full-time student in the preceding academic year and intend to return to school full-time in the fall.
- Assist in planning recreational and educational programming for Provincial 4-H Summer Camps with direct links to the four pillars of 4-H (Agriculture & Food Security, Leadership and Community Engagement, Science & Technology, Environment and Healthy Living)
- Attend Provincial 4-H Summer Camp(s) as a Junior program director
- Assist in the planning and facilitation of the 4-H Fun Zone for youth at Ag in Motion
- Assist in the development of resources related to the four pillars.
- Support 4-H Staff in the planning, facilitation and hosting of other provincial 4-H programs for youth taking place throughout the summer and fall.
- Conduct special projects and provide assistance and support to other Council personnel, as requested. Position will provide a variety of work experiences in a small office environment.
About the role:
- This is a summer term postition beginning in June and ending August 31, 2018.
- The position will be based in the Provincial 4-H office in Saskatoon (with the exception of programming dates which take place near Big River, Lumsden, and Langham).
- Candidates must have their own vehicle and a valid driver's license.
- Candidates must be available to attend overnight 4-H Summer programs: Dates: July 1 - 6, 2018; August 10 - 12, 2018; August 26 - 31, 2018;
Please send resume accompanied by a cover letter and references by 4:30 pm, Monday, May 21, 2018 to
Cera Youngson, Executive Director,
3830 Thatcher Ave., Saskatoon, SK S7R 1A5