4-H Saskatchewan’s AGM will be held on March 24-25 at the Saskatoon Inn in Saskatoon.
Here is some important information and helpful tips to get you ready for the big weekend!
Registered attendees should be receiving their pre-package in the mail in the next few weeks. If you have not received your package by February 20, please contact the 4-H Office.
- Registration for AGM will take place from 9 a.m. until 9:45 a.m. on Saturday, March 24 at the Saskatoon Inn.
- When you arrive at the hotel DO NOT go to the hotel front desk. Please follow the signs up to the Ballroom area, where registration will take place.
- Guest speaker, Greg Johnson, Tornado Hunter, will speak after lunch on Saturday. Thank you to Palliser Insurance sponsoring our special guest speaker. We are excited for him to join us!
- The Annual Recognition Banquet will be held Saturday, March 24. The Banquet Reception starts at 5:30 p.m and the program begins at 6 p.m. We will be joined by sponsors and other special guests. All members who signed up as banquet hosts must meet immediately after the business meeting wraps for the day.
- Accommodation has been arranged for all delegates who requested it. The accommodation is shared. Keys will be provided to attendees during the day by 4-H Staff (please do not go to the hotel front desk). Luggage can be left in vehicles, or stored in our meeting room until hotel rooms are available.
- AGM Meetings and activities will take place all day Saturday, March 24. We expect to wrap up by about 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, March 25.
- If you have ever considered running for the Board of Directors or Advisory Council, now is the time to put your name forward! Here are the positions up for election at this year’s AGM:
- 2 – North East Leader Delegate
- 2 – North West Leader Delegate
- 1 – South East Leader Delegate
- 1 – South West Leader Delegate
- 1 – 1-year term for 18-year-old Member Delegate to the BOD
- 1 – 2-year term for 18-year-old Member Delegate to the BOD
- 1 – South East Advisory Council Member
- 1 – South West Advisory Council Member
- Nomination forms can be found at http://4-h.sk.ca/clubresources/importantdocuments/other
- Although nominations are accepted from the floor, it is a good idea to get your forms into the office before AGM. This will allow the staff the put together a short bio about you and why you want to run for BOD/AC for people to read before the Regional Meeting.
Member and Leader Ambassadors
- This is a new program developed this year. Ambassadors are members and leaders who exemplify the markings of a 4-H trailblazer. These candidates showcase the true spirit of 4-H Saskatchewan through their willingness to volunteer and share their knowledge of the 4-H program. Ambassadors will focus on strengthening 4-H Saskatchewan through public relations by recruiting new members, representing 4-H Saskatchewan at local events, and sharing their 4-H story.
- Ambassadors will be selected for a one-year term at AGM during regional meetings
- Three members and three leaders will be chosen in each region
- Members must be 13 years old or older as of the regional meeting date
- Applications MUST be received by March 18, 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
- Application forms and more information can be found at http://4-h.sk.ca/clubresources/importantdocuments/other
- There are TWO RESOLUTIONS for discussion at AGM. Both are Bylaw Resolutions. You can find this year’s resolution HERE
- If you are a voting delegate for your district, please make sure to go through the resolutions with your district council before AGM so you know how to vote on behalf of your district. They may also ask you to speak on behalf of the district, so make sure to prepare notes!
Focus on 4-H Forum!
- This year on Sunday morning, we will host a Focus On 4-H Forum where there will be roundtable discussions for members and leaders.
- Topics will be:
- Livestock Show Rules Revision – we will discuss the draft version of our new Rules Regarding Livestock Projects and Shows (replacing Livestock Show Rules). You can find the draft revised rules by following this LINK. Read the drafts and bring your questions, suggestions and concerns for discussion!
- New Record Book – 4-H Saskatchewan is piloting a new universal record book that would be used with any project (instead of the project-specific record books we have today). We want to share the drafts, and have members and leaders give feedback on the pilot books.
- Future of 4-H – members and leaders will be able to discuss and share their ideas for 4-H programs, resources, and rules in this discussion.